Saturday, June 20, 2009

My Tribute to my Dad on Father's Day

**Finding the day to be a perfect moment to make a memory with my dad**



F-for every moment that I can speak to you while the minute stays

I- is a minute that I will not get back - it is lost in eternity.

N - no matter how little you speak or how much you speak,

D- days don't matter to me - as long you speak to me.

I- In every season that turns - I know that you will love me still.

N- nothing can take a father's love away from me.

G - giving or receiving - I'm happy for either from you.



T -the little things matter the most; whether its a word or smile.

H - hugs are important too; and I value them when I receive them. Thank you for the one I got yesterday.

E - everything you say matters - and what you don't say does too.



D- day after day, I wait for you to recognize me

A - agonizing sometimes over the fact that you slip into your own world without us.

Y -your children love you very much and want all your attention.



T - to be involved with you and miss that from you when you are alone to yourself.

O - only if you can notice that time keeps slipping into the future.



B- before you know it - all your little ones will be grown and gone

E - ending the little moments that you could have had all to yourself.



A - always treasure these moments now dad - we need you.


P- patiently waiting for when you will finally come out of your shell

E - enjoying each passing day with your kids and grand-children.

R - reaching their little arms up for you to hold them tightly

F - freely giving of their love to their papa-daddy

E - energetic bundles of joy wrapped in flesh

C - caring unreservedly

T - taking the joys of life with glee surrounded in love by their family.



M - me - I love you bunches - with all my heart.

O- only family can love you this way

M- moments like these last a lifetime of memories

E- easily given and easily gone

N -nothing can step in between blood

T - taking nothing for granted.



T - today is that day to live, love, and laugh

O-open arms, open heart, open life



M - merrily given for-ever and ever

A - always thine, ever mine, for-ever more.

K - keeping sacred - family - love for a life-time.

E - every day.



A - A second is too fast


M- minutes are too

E - eons I would prefer with you

M - milli-seconds fly by without thought

O - only if I could slow down time and the aging process

R - regrettably I cannot and with a blink of an eye - another day has passed.

Y - year after year. It needs to slow down.



W - why can't I just say "STOP” to time?

I - if only we could get back the time that was stolen from us.

T – today is the day that the Lord has made. I will be glad and rejoice in it.

H – holding fast to every memory I have of our past together.



M – my dad is a great guy

Y – you are one-of-a-kind dad. Especially with that tarzan yell. Oui~ I hated it on Saturdays growing up. The ONLY day I got to sleep in. Gee thanks.



D – dad, I love you

A – always and for-ever

D – dad, you are the best dad to me.


Written by: Debbie Zedlitz - June 20'2009

In honor of my dad




No comments:

Post a Comment