Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cranberry Apple Relish

My knowledge and memory of relish - goes back to when I was a little
girl - watching all the ladies in my family in the kitchen. We would
all be at grandma's house cutting up veggies and fruit from
grandma's garden and canning. I learned the whole process of
canning when I was younger. what made is so memorable for me
is the fact that I was with all the women I loved, in the kitchen,
working together. So much fun and love all in one room. It made
it even better because it was at grandma's house. =)

1 (12 oz) bag Fresh cranberries
1 C. Splenda
1 C. Water
3 tbsp Orange juice concentrate
1 md Apple, peeled, cored and diced
1/3 C. Golden raisins

Place cranberries, Splenda, water and orange juice concentrate in a
medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil 3-4 minutes or until
cranberries start to thicken and water has reduced by about half.

Remove from pan and place in md bowl. Cover and refrigerate 2-3
hours or overnight.

Add diced apple and half of the raisins to cranberries. Stir well.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, sprinkle
remaining raisins over cranberries as a garnish. Serve chilled
as an accompaniment to roast meat or poultry.

No comments:

Post a Comment