Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fried Mushrooms

I cannot believe this recipe was in my mom's recipe box.
For one: she hates mushrooms. When I questioned her about it,
she said that she always made it for dad when we were kids. Of course,
it must have been when I was little, because if she had made it when
I was a teenager - dad would have not gotten any of it. lol* Now that
I'm older - my husband makes it totally different from what is below -
but the below looks delicious also.

Fresh mushrooms
1/2 C. milk
1 egg
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 C. flour
3/4 C. instant mash potatoes
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
Salt & pepper to taste

Wash mushrooms thoroughly and drain. Mix flour, instant
potatoes, lemon pepper, salt and pepper. Marinate mushroom
a few at a time about 3-5 minutes in egg and milk mixture.
Press into flour and potato mixture. Make sure the mushrooms
are coated.
Fry about 5-10 minutes.

Ready to serve and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment